Make this simple and beautiful rice krispie tiered cake in an hour. The perfect cake for a kids party or to surprise a fully grown kid at the last minute.
It’s someone’s birthday and you need to make them a cake and maybe you’re not the best baker or your just short on time. This tiered rice krispie cake is perfect. You can make it in less than an hour and you need zero baking skills. You can decorate the top with whatever sprinkles, cookie pieces, drizzled chocolate you like and you can add food colouring to the krispie mix to colour the layers. Express yourself, you really can’t screw this up.. I promise 💜
You will need:
- 525g Rice Krispies
- 625g Butter
- 300g Marshmallows – mini ones if you can
- Vanilla Essence
- 500g Icing Sugar
- Red Food Colour
- Mini coated chocolate sprinkles
- Other mixed spinkles
- Baking Parchment
- A 20cm round sandwich tin, 3 ideally.
- Butter and line the sandwich tin, if you have three do them all at once.
- Measure out 175g of Rice Krispies.
- Cut 125g butter into cubes, weigh out 100g Marshmallows.
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a heavy based saucepan and gently heat.
- I also added a few drops red food colouring.
- When the mixture has all melted you will have a sticky red syrup.
- Pour in the rice krispies and mix well.
- Spread the krispie mixture evenly in the lined tin and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Repeat this process for the other two layers.
- While the layers are chilling, make the buttercream icing.
- Cut 250g of butter into cubes and put in blender.
- Sieve 500g Icing sugar into the blender and add a few drops of vanilla essence.
- Mix until the icing is light and smooth.
- Remove the layers from the fridge and remove the baking parchment.
- Add a third of the icing to the top of each krispie layer.
- Stack them one on the other.
- Decorate the top with sprinkles and the sides if you wish.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate until needed.
The marshmallow adds a lovely sticky sweetness to this simple treat and the butter icing elevates it and makes it so much more special. Enjoy 🌈💛
Shop this project: