For some time now I have been regularly disappointed that only one season was ever made of the Ancient Aliens TV Show – well hang on to your hats, there are actually fourteen whole seasons I have yet to watch. I am quite excited so thought I’d make some little Alien cupcakes.
You will need:
- Makes 6 Good Sized Cupcakes
- 125g Self Raising Flour
- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- Cake Cases
- Red & Blue Food Colouring
- For the Icing
- 125g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- Vanilla Essence
- Alien Cake Toppers
- In a blender, add the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and some vanilla essence and whizz it up.
- When you have a smooth batter add a dash of blue food colouring, this should go a green colour as it mixes with the soft yellow batter.
- Remove half and set aside. Add Red colouring to the rest and mix, Keep adding until you get a nice purple mix.
- Line a muffin tin with the cake cases. Fill half the case with green batter and the other half with purple.
- Using the tip of a knife, swirl the two colours a little.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tin and leave to cool.
Now for the icing:
- Add the butter, a little red and blue colouring and a dash of vanilla essence to the blender. Using a sieve add the Icing sugar and blend the butter icing. Adjust the colouring until you are happy with the toppings overall colour.
- Take care not to over mix the icing or it will heat up and become a bit gloopy.
Now for the second best bit, second only to eating… decorating!
Using a spoon add a dollop of icing to the top of a cake and gently flatten it out with a pallet knife until it covers the top of the cake. You don’t need to take it all the way around the sides, that can get a bit messy.
Add some Smarties or M & M’s, candle’s and Alien cake topper. I made these little aliens and attaches them to a small straw but you can get plenty of really cute printables and ready made toppers.
Cake Toppers I Love:
Shop this project: